Policy, Advocacy, Awareness and Networking (PAAN) encompasses the activities conducted for raising awareness among stakeholders and beneficiaries, to influence policies and to coordinate with disability focused and disability mainstreaming organizations to bring synergy in the works we do. This also includes advocating with the duty bearers to have the rights of every individual realized in every form. Likewise, Karuna Foundation has been working on creating awareness on disability and its prevention at local level.
Since the period of inception, Karuna Foundation has been lobbying and advocating for the rights and opportunities for persons with disabilities. PAAN aspires to influence the policies at the national level and planning at central, district and VDC level. Karuna also co-works to make government accountable regarding the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which is ratified by the Government of Nepal.Few of the events conducted by Karuna Foundation under PAAN includes, but not limiting to:
- World birth defect day Celebration
- Career Expo
- Participation and contribution in construction of disability friendly public toilet
- Reconstruction of disability friendly health posts
- Resource book on disability in Nepali
- Accessibility Guideline
- Revision of CBR Guideline- under process
- To be able to expand the Inspire2Care project throughout the country
- To create disability movement in Nepal
- To be an example for the Nepalese government to effectively implement the UNCRPD- for most developing countries like Nepal. UNCRP is ratified but its implementation is very weak in Nepal and Karuna tries to support the Government to effectively implementation so that rights of Persons with Disabilities are guaranteed.