KARUNA'S NEWS COVERAGE
Articles in press related to earthquake 25th April
- The story of Amir in the Daily Mirror and also in the Nepali Times. Amir’s thirst for learning is something we can all learn from. UNICEF Nepal and Karuna Foundation identified and supported Amir after the earthquake.
- A year later hardly any house has been reconstructed. Why is the aid still failing? Translation of article with Deepak Sapkota in Dutch newspaper Trouw 23rd of April.
- Moving to safer shelters. Article on efforts of Karuna Nepal in The Nepali Times (12th of May)
- Interview with Deepak Sapkota, Nazmul Bari and Maria Teresa dela Cruz on disability inclusive emergency relief in Dutch magazine for International Development Vice Versa. (1st of May)
- Newsmagazine OPZIJ published in August 2015 an article about Karuna director Betteke de Gaay Fortman and a new and effective way of development and emergency aid after the earthquake in Nepal
- Some films about Karuna's programs can be found on Karuna's YouTube channel
- The 10th of January 2016 marked the official exit of Karuna from Bhokraha village. The community health insurance program (Share&Care) was officially handed over to the community in Bhokraha January 2016 and was television news in Nepal.
- Enablement made a documentary called "Community Based Rehabilitation for Inclusive Development" which filmed the Inspire2Care villages of Karuna
- On the 16th of May 2013 a report on Karuna's cooperative health insurance scheme was broadcasted on the Nepalese television.